Business Development Representative
Any – Remote – Full Time
Anthill is an award-winning early-stage startup building software designed for the deskless workforce, powered by artificial intelligence, and backed by behavioral science. What’s the deskless workforce? It’s the 80% of the workforce that doesn’t work at a desk or computer. Only 1% of HR SaaS solutions are designed with these people in mind. We believe deskless workers deserve more and we spend all day thinking about how to reach them, help them develop, and make their working lives better—which is good business for their employers and communities too.
Anthill is seeking a Business Development Representative to contribute as a crucial part of our sales and growth strategy. Your primary responsibility is to identify and engage with potential clients, nurture leads to partner with Anthill, and ultimately to drive revenue growth. This role is ideal for a motivated individual who is excited about making a significant impact on our company's success.You will wear many hats and define the craft and practices of exceptional Partnerships at Anthill today and as we scale.
What you’ll do:
- Prospecting and Lead Generation: Identify and research potential partners and decision-makers in target industries and markets, both through outbound efforts and by handling inbound leads.
- Outreach and Engagement: Initiate and maintain contact with prospects through phone calls, emails, and social media to introduce Anthill's solutions and create interest.
- Qualification: Qualify both inbound and outbound leads and set up appointments for the Partnerships team by understanding prospect needs and challenges.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the Partnerships team to ensure a smooth handover of qualified leads and provide any necessary information and collateral updates for successful meetings.
- Pipeline Management: Maintain accurate records of all prospecting and lead generation activities in our CRM system.
- Market Research: Stay informed about industry trends to provide valuable insights to the Partnership & Marketing teams.
- Reporting: Provide regular reports on the progress of lead generation and conversion efforts.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Experience in a business development, inside sales, or lead generation role, with experience handling both inbound and outbound leads.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with potential clients.
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Familiarity with CRM software and sales tools.
- Location: We are a remote team with a Chicago headquarters. Travel to events will be required.
Our vision at Anthill is to unlock possibilities for the deskless workforce. We do this by designing solutions to create opportunity for this workforce. In the next 10 years, we aim to enable access to family-sustaining, good jobs for 10 million people by interacting with 100 million users.
On this journey, we live by our values:
- Cultivate a curious mind: When someone rolls up their sleeves and is excited to "figure it out". When they demonstrate excitement to creatively solve problems.
- Get it done: When someone feels accountable for results and takes ownership beyond stated tasks. When they demonstrate tenacity and grit with a bias toward imperfect action.
- Lead with humility: When someone prioritizes what's best for the team over themselves. When they demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement, authenticity, and are willing to laugh at themselves.
- Live in possibility: When someone is purpose driven and wants to make the world a better place. Demonstrates outside the box, no-limits thinking when it comes to generating ideas about how to meet our ambitious goals.
- Do the right thing: When someone does what they say they will do. Goes the extra mile to be in integrity with the team, the customer, and the users.
Compensation includes salary + health insurance benefits + equity opportunities. We are a remote team based in Chicago with hubs in Los Angeles, Yerevan (Armenia) and Vancouver (Canada).